Filed under Features

Pura Vida

Back to Article
Back to Article

Pura Vida

Pura Vida is a company that sells bracelets, rings, and other accessories, but this company is not just your typical website that sells string bracelets and trendy rings. They have a different story. Pura Vida means “pure life” in spanish. Paul Goodman and Griffin Thall are two college friends that live in Southern California who took a trip down to Costa Rica. They experienced the simplicity and pureness of life on their vacation. The original makers of these bracelets names are Jorge and Joaquin. They were living in poverty and selling the string bracelets to make ends-meet or just to afford something for the day. Before Paul and Griffin went back home they asked Jorge and Joaquin to make 400 bracelets to take with them. They put the bracelets for sale at a local boutique and within the week they were all sold out. When people requested for more, Paul and Griffin realized that the bracelets stood for something more than just friendship, they stood for the significant meanings of the simple things in life. The demand for more ended up leading Paul and Griffin in a partnership with Jorge and Joaquin. Since then, the company has extended to world wide artisans, and more than 650 people living in poverty are able to rely on a steady income and work in a positive environment. And now they do not only make bracelets, but they have a wide variety of necklaces, rings, earrings, and even more! They claim that they would not have been able to grow as large as they did without their customers around the world help.

https://www.puravidabracelets.com/pages/story