Filed under News

Apple conspiracies

As we all know there are many things Apple may not be telling us. Here are some ideas of things that they might be hiding:

The Battery Theory: This theory suggests that Apple purposely slows down older iPhone batteries as new phones come out. Why would they do this? So that consumers will buy the newest and “Fastest” phones. However, they say the phones are faster, and yes they have newer technology but maybe the phones really are not any faster… maybe they just seem it because we are used to slow phones.

As we can recall, Apple did come out with a statement saying they did slow down the phones and offered a replacement battery for all iPhone 6 and 6s through December 31,2018. So to test the battery replacement, I went with my brother to get his iPhone 6 battery replaced. When we dropped off the phone he had to remove his passcode, and we were told to return in three hours to pick it up. After the three hours, we returned to get what looked like a brand new iPhone 6 with the “faster” service. So did Apple replace the battery or just give him a new phone? Will we ever know?

The Always Listening Theory: This theory is that the iPhones are always listening/recording. There is a lot of thinking in this theory. Some people have said that when videoing their phones you can see a red glowing light in the camera part of your phone.

Of course with face ID and voice recognition when saying “hey Siri” it has to always be listing. There was even an incident where two friends called each other and could hear each other before even answering the phone. Since then there has been an update to “fix” the “security” issue, but many say it is still out there and it is still listening to everything you say.

The Deleted Picture Theory: This theory is something out of the ordinary, it says that when you delete pictures are they really deleted? This past summer I had saved a picture off of my Snapchat memories, the picture saved in my phone over 5,000 times. I did not notice the incident until I went to post that same picture on Instagram a few hours later. I proceeded to delete the pictures, and they were removed off my device. A day later, I received a notification that my storage was full, so I went to my pictures and all 5,000 photos had returned. This happened at least four times before it stopped. I didn’t think anything of it until my friend said it happened to her as well. So do our pictures really delete or will they come back to haunt us?

We all love Apple devices but are they doing things to make us buy the newest devices? Or are they keeping our information for something?