Planning a Successful Graduation Party

Graduation is approaching quickly and one of the main questions is what to do after the ceremony. Many people may not want to go to the lock in at Main Event and would rather have a smaller get together with a few close friends and family. If you are one of those people, I have some do’s and don’ts to planning a successful and fun graduation party of your own.

Let’s start off with what to do. The first thing you want to do is tell your neighbors if you expect a lot of noise, and it might be a good idea even if you don’t expect it to be loud. This just allows your neighbors to prepare for it and could stop any disturbance calls to the police; also, remember to be polite and respectful when telling your neighbors. The next thing you should do is to customize your party. This may sound cliche, but customizing your party is a key part to enjoying it. If you don’t like the color scheme or music, you won’t have much fun. This leads into the next thing you should do, create an awesome playlist with your favorite party songs. Lastly, make sure you thank everyone for coming and send out thank you cards to the people who gave you graduation gifts.

Okay, now that you know what you need to do, let me tell you what to avoid. The most important thing is to not send your invitations out too late. Sending invitations out late leaves no room for people to RSVP and some may need time in order to ask off of work or prepare for any other issues that may ensue.  Next, make sure not to spread yourself thin. It is your party and you shouldn’t be focused on pleasing every person that shows up. Many people forget to take photos, don’t be one of those people. Do not forget to order catering or at least have some chips and finger foods out for you and your guests. You’re probably going to be hungry after the long ceremony, so having food out keeps everyone from being hangry.

If you just follow this list you should be all set for making a successful and fun last hoorah. Congratulations seniors and I wish you luck on the next chapter of your lives.

Bethany Roysdon, Writer

All I want to do is write stories and drink coffee.