Filed under Features

A Pet Friendly Summer

There are a lot of ways to have an amazing summer, but what better way to be able to do it than with your four legged best friend. There are many activities to do and plenty of places to go, but the biggest concern of all is which places are dog friendly. There are a lot of times I wish I could bring my dog with me to do certain things, but those places won’t allow dogs. My recommendation is to do your research according to the things you like to do and the places you like to go to see if you can bring your friend with you. But if you live in Knoxville,TN here are some options that will definitely help:

1. Concord Dog Park: This park is awesome for all kinds of dogs. There is a small and big dog area and if you have a dog that loves to swim they also have a swimming area–personally, one of my favorites.
  2. Petsafe Downtown Dog Park: If you have a very active dog this might be one of your best options. This park has obstacles that your dog can go through, not to mention it’s  a place where you could get some training done.
  3. Sequoyah Park: This park is not fenced like the previous parks, but there is plenty of room to go on an adventure, picnic areas, swimming area and a beautiful view during walks.

These are just a couple of the multiple parks to go here in Knoxville, but if you are looking for restaurants here are some that will allow them ( sometimes just in the patios ):

1. Stir Fry Cafe West Hills
  2. Cool Beans Bar and Grill
  3. Blue Coast Grill & Bar
  4. Barley’s Taproom and Pizzeria

All these restaurants are really good, but just make sure the weather is nice outside before you show up. There are other options to have a great summer, if you are looking for a bigger adventure outside of the city these places will be your best options:

1. Camp Winnaribbun
  2. Camp Unleashed in North Carolina
  3. Canine Camp Getaway of NY
  4. Call Of The Wild Dog Camp
  5. Camp Dogwood

All these places have plenty of activities where you can train and have fun with your dog. There are places where you can go hiking, swimming and running all in one place but having all these places in mind will definitely help when you have nothing to do and a hyper dog at home. I assure you that you and your dog will have the best summer ever.