Filed under News

Rest In Peace Terrio

The beloved class fish, Terrio, died Monday April 8, 2018. Terrio swam into our lives in the fall of 2017 and immediately stole our hearts. He was a wonderful addition to the Farragut High School journalism class. Terrio was a handsome fantail goldfish with a big, loving heart. He also had a big, over-inflated swim bladder. This may have physically disabled him, but he never let that get him down. He would always try his best to turn right side up anytime someone came near the fish bowl. Day after day, Terrio brought a smile to all he encountered. Although he didn’t have the intelligence to help grade papers or edit articles for Ms. Toth, like the late Coyote Peterson (the betta), he still made her laugh and helped relieve some of her stress. Terrio was a blessing to all of us, and although his life was short, his spunky personality and the impact he made on our lives will never be forgotten.

The way Terrio handled his adversity inspired all those around him. He lived everyday with the same enthusiasm as any other fish, and he never let his disability get in his way. Although Terrio was physically challenged, he still managed to beat his bowl mate, Chris, to the top for food. He had a positive outlook on life and lived each and everyday to the fullest, and we all hope he is swimming his way upright to a better life.

“Say ooooooooh.”