Filed under Entertainment

A Madrigal Night

Once December 1st hits, the festivities of Christmas increases every day all throughout Farragut. You can find all types of events that celebrate holiday cheer such as: tree lightings, Christmas light shows, and the performance of Madrigals.

Madrigals is a one-night-only event that includes a silly play, dinner, and a concert performed by the Farragut High School Ensemble. It comes around the Christmas season to spread holiday joy through songs. For just $7, you get to sit down and enjoy a nice cup of apple cider, also known as Wassail, with the rest of the audience as you watched a play that closely resembles a TV game show but with a renaissance twist.

Following the marvelous show, you can indulge in a lovely dinner provided by your phenomenal members of the choir. Everyone pitches in to supply a dish.

While your bellies are full and your ears are listening to beautiful melodies, you’re sure to feel the Christmas joy. Most of the songs include cheerful ballad’s such as “Gaudete”, “Holly Jolly Christmas”, “Fum Fum Fum”, and more.

If you missed this wonderful one night performance, don’t worry, they’ll come around next year with more than just a dinner. They made appearances at nursing homes, town hall, and the Rarity Bay Country Club, to spread Christmas cheer elsewhere.

Also, If being apart of this spectacular experience interests you, then you can audition of a part in Ensemble towards the end of the Spring semester.