Filed under Sports

Farragut Fall Sports

Farragut had another successful fall season of sports. Football, volleyball, and girls soccer all made it into the playoffs.

The football team was coming off of an impressive state championship team. They lost some key players from the team and had to fill their spots, and they were moved back to division 6a after playing in 5a for two years. Admirals performed really well only losing 2 games with their regular season record of 8-2. Facing Cleveland High School in the first round of the playoffs, Farragut won 42-28 with as strong performance from Sophomore Quarterback Gavin Wilkinson. In the second round, powerhouse Maryville High School dominated the whole game with the score being 38-6, this eliminated Farragut from the playoffs. This was a successful season for Farragut making the jump back up to 6a.

Farragut Volleyball had a slower year compared to their last three years. Some very good players left the program to compete at the D1 level. The team still competed in the regular season with a record of 19-12. Injuries held the team back at the end of the year as they approached the district playoffs. The Admirals were able to beat South Doyle in the first round but lost to Heritage and Maryville to eliminate them from the playoffs.

The girls’ soccer team had a successful year but just fell short of making it to state. They finished with a 12-5 regular season record led by senior Skylar Keane. The Lady Admirals went on an impressive run in the Playoffs winning the District Championship and the Regional Championship advancing them to Sub-State versus their rival Bearden. The very hyped game ended in emotional 0-2 loss ending their season.

Farragut had another successful fall season of sports and we are looking forward to the spring.