Filed under Sports

2017 World Series Recap

The 2017 World Series was filled with highlights and memorable moments. It  went down to a game 7 and crowned a team for the first time in their franchise history.

Game 1 showcased a pitching gem from Dodgers ace, Clayton Kershaw. Kershaw allowed just 1 run and 3 hits in 7 innings pitched. The Dodgers scored 1 run in the 1st on a Chris Taylor home run. They scratched across two more runs in the 6th to conclude the scoring in the game. The Dodgers took game 1 with a 3-1 win.

Game 2 featured the dominant Astros’ pitcher Justin Verlander, but did not pitch a well enough game against the Dodgers. Even though the Astros scored the first run of the game in the third inning, the Dodgers came back scoring 3 runs in the 5th and 6th inning. Astros were making a comeback scoring 1 run in both the 8th and the 9th, leading them  to extra innings. After both teams scored 2 runs in the 10th inning, Astros’ outfielder George Springer, hit a 2-run home run to cap things off in game 2. The series is tied up at 1-1.

The Astros scored a lot of early runs in game 3, jumping out to a 4-0 lead in just the 2nd inning. The usually dominant Yu Darvish was forced out of the game very early on. The Dodgers bullpen did a very good job and only allowed 1 run the rest of the game. The Dodgers tried to battle back but were only able to score 3 runs and fell short in a 5-3 loss. The Astros lead the series 2 games to 1.

The start of game 4 was a stalemate leading up to the bottom of the 6th. Astros’ pitcher Charlie Morton pitched a great game with 7 strikeouts but was scored on in the 7th and taken out of the game. Tied 1-1 in the top of the 9th, the Dodgers’ bats exploded, scoring 5 runs to win the game. The series is tied again at 2-2.  

Game 5 was a very popular game among fans. The game lasted a total of 5 hours and 17 minutes. The game went back and forth all the way up to the 9th inning, where the Dodgers were facing a 3 run deficit and somehow found a way to battle back and forced the game to extra innings. It finally ended with a walkoff single from Alex Bregman. This put the Astros one win away from their first World Series title.

With Houston wanting to end it all, the Dodgers needed to force a game 7 to win a world series. The Astros scored first in the 3rd inning, while, the Dodgers haven’t scored the whole game finally put up 2 runs in the 6th. Dodgers’ hitter Joc Pederson capped it off with monstrous home run in the 7th. The final score being 3-1 Dodgers have forced a game 7.

The Astros jumped out to an early lead in game 7, scoring 2 in the 1st and 3 in the 2nd. Yu Darvish pitched another bad game and was forced out in the second inning. The Dodgers scored 1 run in the 6th on an Ethier RBI single. This was all the scoring for the game, giving the Astros their first World Series title in franchise history. George Springer won World Series MVP with his insane performance, hitting 5 home runs in the series.