Filed under Features, Showcase

5 Things To Do Before Graduation

Seniors have been waiting for this year since their school careers started. It’s exciting and scary to start getting ready for a new chapter. However, before they start to pack up and leave, they need to do a few things to ensure they move on healthy and informed. Here are five things you should do before graduation.

1.  Learn How to Cook, Clean, and Do Laundry

Learning to do these three basic chores can help you a lot in the long run. You should learn how to prepare some of your favorite meals before leaving home rather than cooking some ramen every night, this can help you live a healthier lifestyle. Knowing the right way to clean and what to use can save you from damaging your new place. Learning how to do laundry can keep you from turning your favorite white shirt pink. These simple tasks will not only make your new place look nice, but you will feel less stressed in a clean environment.

1. Cut Out Toxic Friends/Relationships

Toxic friends and relationships are the worst. You don’t feel like yourself, you’re anxious to see them, and you’re constantly trying to find away to let them go with minimal pain. This lifestyle is probably making you dread the new chapter in your life when you should be excited to take the next step. Although it may be hard, cutting out these toxic relationships is in your best interest. It can have a great impact on your mental health. If you would like to read an article on how to cut out toxic friends, click here.

1. Write a Letter to Yourself to Open in 5 Years

Write down things you want to remember: friendships, inside jokes, people who inspired you. Include what you see yourself doing and who you want to be in five years. Doing this can help you remember some of the best times in your life and keep you grounded to who you truly are.

1. Spend Quality Time with Friends

Right now, school is probably a little crazy, but spending time with friends is important. It can be anything from grabbing a bite to eat to having a sleepover. As we move into another part in our lives, time to spend with friends will start to diminish. Some will move away, some will stay, some may even still be in school. Spending time with friends now will help create memories you will never forget and will help boost your everyday happiness.

1. Ask for Help

Let’s face it, none of us know 100% what life after high school holds. We’re all a bit confused on how to do this whole “adulting” thing, but we’re also too proud to admit that we need help. Learn about things such as credit cards, taxes, and paying bills. Ask while at home where there is help and don’t wait until you are on your own to figure it out. Parents are there to look out for you and help when you’re not sure what to do next, use that to your advantage.