Filed under Entertainment, Showcase

Ranking Every Star Wars Movie From Worst to Best (1977 – 2016)

8: Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (1999)

What I Love: The introduction to the Galaxy before the Empire was interesting, and new characters such as Darth Maul and Young Obi-Wan Kenobi intrigued us

What I Hate: A mix of Jar Jar Binks, Galactic Politics, low levels of action, and horrible CGI makes arguably the most disappointing movie premier of all time.

Memorable Scenes: The Pod Race ; Ending Lightsaber Battle

7: Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones (2002)

What I Love: This movie includes more action than the first, and begins to bring the prequel trilogy together. Attack of the Clones includes unorthodox movie styles, such as mystery and romance, which differs from the rest of the saga.

What I Hate: Hayden Christensen’s performance as Anakin disappointed people, and the overall development of Anakin made him unattractive to the audience.

Memorable Scenes: The Battle of Geonosis ; Ending Lightsaber Battle ; First Time Yoda is seen in Battle

6: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (2005)

What I Love: We love the action in the movie and the evil nature of the film. We learn the true story behind Darth Vader and the destruction of the Republic. This movie includes moments of sadness, surprise, and vengeance.

What I Hate: There is just too much happening in this movie: characters come out of nowhere, and the producers vomit cheesy computer generated images at you. The lightsaber battles are also heavily choreographed and incredibly confusing. The movie also ends with many unanswered questions.

Memorable Scenes: The Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise ; Ending Battle Scene between Anakin and Obi-Wan ; Order 66

5: Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (1983)

What I Love: We love that the good guy finally wins. That is the purpose of the movie: for Luke to turn Darth Vader back to the light side of the force and to save the universe.

What I Hate: We hate the overuse of humor in this movie. The Ewoks were cute at first, but the fact that the fate of the galaxy was controlled by them does not make sense at all to viewers.

Memorable Scenes: The reviving of Han Solo ; Ending Celebration Scene ; The Death of the Emperor and salvation of Luke.

4: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016)

What I Love: Rogue One literally leaves off seconds before  A New Hope. This brings a mood of nostalgia to the end of the film. This film shows that the Rebel Alliance is not completely innocent. It curves fans’ opinion of the Rebel characters by showing them do evil and controversial things.

What I Hate: This movie was incredibly hard to follow from the beginning, and also has very little character development. This is the only film on the list with no opening crawl. This makes analyzing the beginning very hard.

Memorable Scenes: Rogue One easily has the most intense Darth Vader Scene out of all the movies on this list, and it reminds us about the terror Darth Vader brought to the original trilogy.

3: Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope (1977)

What I Love: This is the movie that started it all. The characters are genuine and the story is pure. The imagination of millions of people were tested when they saw Star Wars: A New Hope.

What I Hate: This film is very slow. The battle scenes are slow and not very appealing.

Memorable Scenes: Luke Skywalker looking out towards the desert horizon is perhaps one of the most iconic scenes in all of of Star Wars.

2: Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (2015)

What I Love: This movie’s battle scenes are the most realistic out of all the movies on this list. The introduction to new characters and the mystery of their background intrigued audiences around the world.

What I Hate: This movie was Disney’s first attempt at a Star Wars Film. This means a lot of cheesy humor and unrealistic luck for the good guys.

Memorable Scenes: The return of Han Solo to the Millennium Falcon was among fan favorites in this film. Additionally,the moment Rey uses the force to get the lightsaber from the snow and discovers her ability with the force mesmerized and shocked fans

1: Star Wars Episode V: Empire Strikes Back (1980)

What I Love: This movie is incredible. It tells a story of self discovery and love. From beginning to end the audience is on the edge of their seat. This movie is also responsible for perhaps the biggest cinematic bombshell of all time.

Memorable Scenes: “No, I am your father”