Fall Break Adventures

Over fall break, many people traveled different places and some people didn’t travel at all. So we decided to interview three different people to see where they went and what their fall break experience was.

Landon Fox

The first person we interviewed was Landon Fox. He traveled all around Italy with his dad. They got to fly for free because his dad is a pilot. They first flew from Knoxville to Philadelphia and then to Venice.

In Venice, he visited historical places, ate a lot of classic Italian food, and took a boat tour of the city. Landon’s favorite meal in Venice was pesto lasagne. After Venice he traveled to Cinque Terre by train. When he was there he stayed at a hotel on the beach and went swimming and hiking. Landon added that Cinque Terre was a beautiful place.

He then traveled Rome. He visited the Coliseum and went on a walking tour to see the Vatican City. He got to see the balcony where the pope stands when he talks to all of his people.

Landon visited beautiful cathedrals and saw amazing artwork. The last places he went were Pompeii and Mt Vesuvius. When he was on the tour he got to learn about and see many historical pieces that were discovered after the disaster in Pompeii. Many fully intact bodies were uncovered and were on display where Landon visited.

Landon’s favorite thing overall on his visit was the food, but especially the gelato.

Piersen Simpson

The second person we interviewed was Piersen Simpson. Piersen traveled from Knoxville to Seaside, Florida. He left Knoxville at 4 a.m. The car ride was about 8 hours. He arrived around 1. The weather wasn’t great, so he went to lunch with his mom in town. Piersen then went back and began unpacking.

He stayed at a house in a neighborhood by the beach. The next day it was sunny and warm, so he went out on the beach and met up with friends. He and his friends then went to get food and ice cream. They returned to the beach until it was time for dinner. Piersen then went to dinner with his family, and afterwards met up with his friends again. Piersen told us this routine repeated itself every day until he left.

He said his favorite part of the trip was walking on the beach.

Andrea Sarhatt

The third person we interviewed was Andrea Sarhatt. She stayed at home over fall break but did many different activities with her friends.

The first thing Andrea and her friends did was go to Dollywood. When they were there, they rode all the roller coasters and played the carnival games. The next thing she did was go to the pumpkin patch to take pictures there with her friends. After they left, they carved pumpkins.

Over the week her and her friends took a small one day trip to Chattanooga. While they were there they got dressed up, ate dinner, and went downtown.

On Friday she went to the Farragut vs Bearden football game. The next day, Andrea went to the UT football game and tailgated with friends.

She said her favorite part about her fall break was the Friday night football game.