TREAT YO SELF on Halloween

Halloween is approaching quickly; children are picking out costumes and adults are stocking up on candy. Teens, however, are a bit confused on what they should do because they are “too old” for trick-or-treating and too young for most parties being thrown. If you’re struggling to find something fun to do on Halloween, I have compiled a list of four spooktacular activities you can enjoy on this terrifying night.

1. Watch a scary movie

Scary movies are a must during the Halloween season. There is something about a good spook that gets your adrenaline rushing. There are plenty of scary movies that can satisfy your appetite. Luckily, one of our writers has compiled a list of spine-chilling movies to watch while you try to keep your mind off the ghosts and ghouls stalking the neighborhood. To read Rhianna Ortiz’s eerie article, click here.

1. Carve a Pumpkin

Seeing carved pumpkins on porches have become a sign that the frightening season has come to haunt us again. Carving pumpkins is a fun way to show creativity during a sinister holiday. If you’re not in the mood to get pumpkin guts all over you, there are several different ways to “carve” a pumpkin. Stencils and some paint can do the same job as a knife and scoop. Just make sure the pumpkins have haunting faces to scare away any demons lurking around.

1. Go to a Haunted House

If you haven’t found any of these activities jarring, maybe visiting Dead Man’s Farm will be the nail in the coffin. It is the only Tennessee Attraction that is confirmed to be 100% haunted. Maybe meeting these unearthly creatures are exactly what you need to put you in the Halloween spirit. The creatures you will meet while there are sure to give you goosebumps, just hope you run into the actors and not the real Bludgeon family.

1. Hand out Halloween Candy

Although handing out candy doesn’t sound like the most fun activity to do on Halloween, it may be the safest. Plus, having candy at your disposal isn’t all that bad. Handing out candy can also provide you with time to do some of the other hair-raising activities listed above. Don’t worry, you can always put salt on your threshold so no poltergeists get through.