Filed under Sports

Farragut Volleyball: A Strong Team

Farragut High School’s Volleyball team has been State Champion Runner Up for three years and had an amazing season last year with a standing of 31-6. Coach Davidson says that even though the volleyball team graduated a strong class in 2017, “the team this year has the ability and strength to get where they were last year.” This year, Farragut has added a new freshmen team to expand and give younger students the chance to showcase their skills. Davidson says that the new addition to the team has brought a new form of competition. The freshmen captain, Megan Carlton, believes the reason the team will make it back to state again is due to strategic placement of team members and strong team makeup thanks to bonding time together at a Charleston volleyball camp.

This team works hard all season and it most definitely shows in their accomplishments. Sydney Cherny, a junior, has been awarded All-American Academic Volleyball Player in 2017. This award is given to those who show outstanding academic ability as well as astonishing athletic capability throughout their fall season. Cherney and fellow teammate, Caroline Bower, represented K2 Volleyball Club in Orlando this summer. Bower has already committed to the University of Charleston and plans on continuing her volleyball career there. Davidson believes the team gives 100% no matter where they are, whether it be on the court or in the classroom.

Coach Davidson wants the volleyball girls to build lasting relationships through being on a team of wonderful young ladies while also developing lifelong skills that will carry them into future endeavors in school and in life as a whole. These girls have already shown their skills and how much they love the team they are on. The Farragut Volleyball team has a very bright year ahead of them.