Filed under Showcase, Sports

Tennessee Volunteers

The Vols hold a special place in every Tennesseans life, as they are what makes every Saturday a fun get together with friends and family.

The Vols are the heart and soul of the Tennessee nation. Whenever they have a bad season or lose a game it just feels as if the whole state has a bad week until the next game. The fans are amongst the best when it comes to college football fans, and are still setting records to this day with the attendance rate of Neyland Stadium and the noise level. The Vols hold a special place in every Tennesseans life, as they are what makes every Saturday a fun get together with friends and family. It is always fun to watch a close nail biter or just watch them blow out the opposition.

The fans love the Vols even through the good and bad, but there’s one thing that gets all the fans excited and happy to see them play. Uniforms are original and date back to the same design since the beginning, but the new Smokey Grey uniforms, that are worn for 1 or 2 games a year, are probably the most favored. Most people just like the design and the new feel of the uniforms over the same old designs, but past players and season card holders had their opinions of the new uniforms as well. They did not care much for it and wanted to see the old design remain the main uniforms. Butch Jones, head coach of the Vols, decided to wear the uniforms a few times a year, but fans have only seen the new uniforms only worn one time each year.