Filed under News

Endangered Animals

There are many diverse animals on our planet that are open to vulnerability.

Some of these animals have caught the attention of people from around the world.

With everyday predators upon them, these animals have become one of the most endangered animals on our planet.

Blue Whale

The Blue Whale is the largest animal on the planet. Weighing as much as 200 tons, it is on the top of the food chain. Whales have been hunted during the 20th century, making them nearly extinct.

Tiger

The Tiger, is one of the biggest cats among the Asian cats. They rely mostly on sound and sight rather than smell. With the independence they gain at two years of age, they mostly hunt alone rather than with a pack. At a time, tigers can ingest up to 88 pounds of meat. Tigers are endangered due to poaching, hunters, and habitat loss.

Green Turtle

The Green Turtle is one of the largest among the turtles. Green Turtles can weigh up to 400 pounds, and can be 47 inches long. Usually, they are found in tropical and subtropical waters. Because of the constant hunting of Green Turtles, vulnerability in the sand, and fishing gear and loss of their nesting beach sites, they are endangered.

Sea Lions

Sea Lions are one of the most common mammals in the Galápagos. They can weigh as much as 400 pounds, and can be up to 6 feet long. Sea Lions are endangered mainly because of hunting, and diseases from dogs that can spread to sea lions.

How Can We Further Continue to Help These Endangered Animals?

These animals are all endangered because of one factor: man.

In order for planet Earth to keep our animals, many things can be done to impact their habitat and genuinely save their lives.

Some of the things we can do are plant trees, rid of wastes, and help protect our forests and oceans.