Filed under Entertainment, News

Fun Fall Activities To Do in Knoxville

During the Fall season, Knoxville has many fun activities for you and your family to participate in!

Pumpkin patches prove to be entertaining recreation for the entire family to enjoy. From hayrides to picking the biggest pumpkin in the patch, there are so many festive things to do. In Knoxville, there are numerous patches to choose from such as: Mayfield Farm, Oakes Farm, Narramore Farms, Maple Lane Farms, and more.

A haunted house is the perfect place to visit for a good scare! With creatures lurking around every corner, a haunted house is sure to give you a thrill! Going to a haunted house is great for a large group of friends to get out and do something fun on Halloween. Knoxville provides many haunted houses to choose from such as Dead Man’s Farm Haunted House, Frightmare Manor, FrightWorks, and more.

Corn mazes are another family-friendly activity that everyone can enjoy. Finding your way through the twists and turns of the towering corn is a classic fall pastime that everyone should experience. However, if the normal corn maze doesn’t give you the thrill you’re looking for, some places offer haunted corn mazes. It’s similar to a haunted house except you’ll be outside…in the dark…with only one way out. Oakes Farm, Mayfield Farm, and Autumn Acres are some of the many corn mazes in Knoxville.

Fall festivals can have numerous activities (like face painting, inflatables, corn hole, arts & crafts, etc.) for the whole family to enjoy. Some fall festivals can combine the activities of corn mazes and pumpkin patches, while also incorporating entertaining games and crafts. One famous fall festival celebrated by people from all around is Oktoberfest–a food, drink, and music celebration. A few local festivals include the Farragut Primary School Fall Festival, Ober Gatlinburg Oktoberfest, Kingsport Oktoberfest, and the Clinch River Fall Festival.

Apple picking can be the perfect fall recreation for you and your family. Apple picking is a healthy way for you to  get outside and be active during fall. Many apple orchards provide festive games and activities along with the fruit picking. A few places to pick apples in Knoxville include Apple Valley Orchards, The Fruit and Berry Patch, and Mountain Meadows Farm.