Filed under Showcase, Sports

On The Court: Team Presses All The Way To Regionals

Many would think that losing nine seniors would be a major setback for a team, but this year’s admirals are proving that wrong. As of right now, they’re 19 and 9 and quickly exceeding expectations. Last year, the boys finished with 14 wins and 14 losses, and advanced all the way to regionals with a late season push from senior players like Ty Allen, Drew Driscoll, and Alex Long. At the seasons end, nine of our varsity players graduated, leaving a huge shoe for this year’s seniors to fill. Most notably seniors Luke Janney, Coby Cool, and Alexander Rather to lace up those shoes. Juniors Chance Bolen and Nick Rogers accompany these three seniors to make up Farragut’s starting five.

Bolen’s pre-season expectations were high. Bolen said, “I knew we’d be fine because we have great seniors this year like Janney and Rather” He even added that he believed them to be the best two players in their district.

Starting point guard, Janney, said that he expected them to win district and even make a push for the state tournament.

That is in large part due to Head Coach Chris Cool’s strategy and his willingness to develop younger players ahead of time. He said, “Every year we have about six or seven seniors that leave and so there’s always about five or six underclassmen, that maybe don’t play a whole lot, but are definitely expected to step up the next year.”